Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday Teaser

"Fablehaven" by Brandon Mull, p. 75

[grandpa speaking] "Assuming you were the right kind of people. Frankly, I don't know you that well. I hoped that the kind of person who would take the trouble to solve my little puzzle would be the kind of person who could handle the notion of a preserve full of magical creatures. Fablehaven would be too much to swallow for most people."

This is a pretty imaginative book. It's targeted for juveniles and so it might not contain enough depth for an adult reader. It still held my interest because I adore creativity in stories!

1 comment:

Anne Bennion said...

I adore the Fablehaven series. I have read all 4 and am patiently waiting for book 5. They keep you interested and there are always little twists that you don't see coming. Stuart loves them as well.