Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And So It Begins

Here is our online book discussion group. For this post, let's discuss the lay of the land. I propose that we each take turns choosing a book for each month. We should begin reading the book . . . when? And begin discussing the book . . . when?
I was thinking we should start the discussion of the book on the first of the month. So if we chose a book for September, we would begin the online discussion on October first. Does that make sense?
Should the "host" each month assign certain questions to answer? Those can be found at the back of some books, and online.
And I have to add everyone as authors so we can all post. Please e-mail me so I can add you to the list of authors: domesticgoddess18@hotmail.com.
Anything else?
We should start a new book in October - it will most likely take that long to get everything set up. If we wait to discuss things then there can be no spoilers on the plot until the official discussion date. We don't have to wait until the first, that was just a suggestion.

****Edit:
I like Rebecca's suggestion on a running list. Should it be on the side, that way it doesn't get buried? I'll set it up.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is sounding good. Two thoughts:

1. I would suggest a post for possible books to read/discuss--contributed by all of us--for those of us (me) who haven't read much in the last little while. This might also give us an idea of interests in the group as a whole.

2. We sign up for our hosting month in advance (a 4-6 month schedule) so we (uh, again I mean "me") have ample preparation and time to obtain the book.

I'm excited!

Jen said...

Oh yipee! A place to discuss books! Hopefully I can put my thoughts into coherent writing...sign me up! Are there certain genres we want to stick to or steer clear of??

Anne Bennion said...

I totally agree with Rebecca for the list and the hosting schedule. When we are hosting, do we write the post with discussion questions? (Sorry if that is a lame-o question, but this is my first time on a blog with more than one author.)